Monday, September 6, 2010

Propofol

Darkness.
Strange noises.
I can't move.
My hands are tide down.
I would not be able to move much anyway.
My eyelids feel taped shut.
I am barely breathing through a straw in my throat.

Panic springs up like wildfire.
I am gaging. I feel a wave of pain and terror.
I am drowning. I can't stop it.

Loud piercing screams are all around me.
What is going on?
Where am I?
Who created this nightmare I am in?

I hear the piercing sound stop,
and the sound of a calm soothing voice.

She say's " It's okay. You are in the hospital.
You have a tube in your throat helping you to breath.
It is the middle of the night.
I will give you some medicine to help you relax.
You are safe."

I feel the panic start to fade.
I am able to breath once again.
All I feel now is a warm hand in my own
comforting me.
I stop fighting and let myself relax.

Ah. Bliss..
Pain free, care free,
and back into my wonderland.


No comments:

Post a Comment